WRAP is pleased to offer a three-day Foundation and Internal Auditor Social Systems Training Course.
This IRCA-accredited course is a combination of our one-day foundation course and our two-day internal auditor course.
• Social Systems Foundation – Day One (IRCA Course A17331) - Designed for staff that are new to the social compliance area. This course provides an introduction to social systems standards, specifications and codes of conduct, including WRAP principles, laws and regulations, International Labor Organization (ILO) Conventions and generally accepted industry practices.
• Internal Social Systems Audit Course – Days Two and Three (IRCA Course A17332) - Designed for participants who have been tasked with or are currently auditing an organization's welfare and employment processes as part of a social systems internal audit program.
This course is designed to give an in-depth understanding of social systems auditing and ethical trading. It is focused on those who already understand the basics of auditing; i.e. the life cycle of an audit, audit preparation, conducting opening and closing meetings, techniques for effective audits, reporting findings and interviewing techniques.
This course is essential for those who wish to become social compliance internal auditors and have their skills recognized, plus those who want to understand ethical trading in order to implement a compliance program within their business or to use the knowledge to interpret audit reports.
Successful completion of this course fulfills the training requirements for IRCA certification as a Social Systems Internal Auditor.
The course is extremely dependent on participation. The natures of the course material and role-play situations provide an ideal opportunity for delegates to discuss and exchange views and opinions on the subject of social compliance auditing. Since social compliance auditing relies heavily on objective auditor judgment, these types of exercises will assist the delegate in acquiring a more in-depth understanding of social compliance auditing and industry and cultural issues.
Participants are encouraged to actively engage in the discussions and team exercises in order
to receive maximum benefit from the course. This provides a good foundation on which to
further develop ethical auditing skills.
All WRAP training courses are conducted by full-time, experienced trainers and IRCA-registered social system auditors with a wealth of practical knowledge. The program can be offered as open courses at a central venue. Alternatively, we also offer in-house, company specific courses that can be tailored to meet your organization’s specific needs. All courses are available world-wide.
The course is open to all who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge to audit against social
systems standards and codes of conduct or personnel who wish to concentrate on internal social systems audits.
Through case studies, role playing, interactive and follow-up activities, and a virtual factory tour, course attendees will learn:
• An introduction to social compliance in the workplace,
• The basics of social auditing,
• The elements of relevant ILO conventions,
• The importance of management systems,
• The lifecycle of an audit,
• The 12 WRAP principles,
• The safety requirements for auditor personnel,
• How to conduct an opening meeting,
• How to conduct a factory tour,
• How to interview employees, individually and in groups
• How to assess wage and working hours calculations,
• How to report audit findings including corrective action requests,
• How to close out an audit, and
• The confidentiality of information collected during the audit.
Why IRCA Approved Training?
IRCA is the world's original and largest international certification body for auditors of management systems. IRCA offers certification programs that recognize the competence of auditors who audit social, quality, environmental, occupational health and safety, software development, information security and food safety management systems.
IRCA provides auditors, businesses and industries with two main services:
1. Approval of training organizations and certification of their auditor training courses.
IRCA has approved more than 90 training organizations that together provide training for over 50,000 students each year in over 100 countries.
2. Certification of auditors of management systems that include:
• Consultants that assist organizations to develop and implement quality management
• Certified registrar organizations that audit against the ISO 9001, 14001 and other management systems standards,
• Internal auditors who perform supplier audits or who audit their own organizations, and
• Quality managers.
IRCA is a division of the Chartered Quality Institute (London, England) but operates as a separate, independent organization.
A maximum of ten participants is allowed per course. Reservations will be confirmed upon
receipt of the completed registration form.
Terms and Conditions
On receipt of e-mail confirmation of participation, an acknowledgement will be sent with precourse information and directions. WRAP reserves the right to alter the contents of the course, cancel a course, offer an alternative date, or offer a credit or refund without liability for consequential loss.
Cancellations and Changes
No charge will be made for a booking cancelled up to 20 working days prior to commencement of course. Charges of 50 percent will be made for cancellations 16 to 20 working days prior to course commencement and 75 percent for cancellations 11 to 15 working days prior to course commencement. For cancellation of ten and less working days, or failure to attend part of or the entire course, the full course fee will be charged. You are free to substitute a delegate with another at any time before course commencement at no additional charge.
Pricing information will be made available upon application.
For further information, please contact:
Stuart Webster: VP Global Training and Education,
Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production
2200 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 601 Arlington, VA 22201
Tel: +1 703 243 0970